“Farbridge” shall mean The Lavant Valley Barn, Cloakrooms, The Meadow Barn, the Breakfast Room, the Kitchens, the Seven Residential Units, the Bridal Suite and Preparation Room, the Courtyards and the Car Park.
“Preston Barns Ltd” shall mean the owner or his agent trading as Farbridge.
“The Hirer” shall mean the person or persons signing the Booking Form produced by Farbridge or an agent on behalf of Farbridge.
“The Hire Period” shall mean one day only from 1.30 pm – 10.00 am on the following day for the Residential Units and access to the Breakfast Room.
- The Hirer shall not sub let the Residential unit(s).
- The Hirer is responsible for all damage to the Residential Unit(s) during The Hire Period and during authorised access to Farbridge however caused. All breakages or other damage occurring during authorised access to Farbridge must be reported and paid for immediately. All breakages or other damage occurring during The Hire Period must be reported to Preston Barns Ltd within 24 hours of The Hire Period. (Please note costs for any breakages or damage to items that cannot identically be replaced will include costs for any duplicate or replacement items.) A credit card number is required on the booking form, in the event that any damages incurred are unreported, or to cover any missing items, but will not be charged without prior notice.
- Preston Barns Ltd accepts no responsibility for any property belonging to The Hirer at Farbridge at any time.
- Preston Barns Ltd shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to any property arising out of the hiring nor for the loss damage or injury which may be incurred by or be done or happen to any person(s) using Farbridge during The Hire Period arising from any cause whatsoever. Or for any loss due to the breakdown of machinery failure, supply of electricity, leakage of water, fire, Government restriction, or Act of God which may cause Farbridge to be temporarily closed or the hiring to be interrupted or cancelled.
- Preston Barns Ltd reserves the right of entry, or to ask any persons to leave Farbridge who are not keeping good order or who are under the influence, in the opinion of Preston Barns Ltd, of excessive alcohol consumption at any time during The Hire Period.
- All cars must park in the designated areas. Cars may only be allowed to stay overnight with prior permission of Preston Barns Ltd and must be retrieved by 11am the following day. All cars are left at the owner’s risk. Preston Barns Ltd accepts no responsibility for cars parked at Farbridge or its surrounding area.
- Maximum adult occupancy of any room is two (2) – a fine of £100 plus VAT will be imposed on any adult being found to have slept in a bedroom in addition to the 2 main occupants.
- The Hirer is responsible for the guests’ arrival and departure in a quiet and orderly fashion.
- The Hirer shall leave the Residential Unit(s) in a clean and orderly state at the end of The Hire Period. Preston Barns Ltd may, at their discretion, charge The Hirer for any excessive cleaning required in the Residential Unit(s).
- No naked flames may be used at Farbridge.
- No animals are permitted at Farbridge with the exception of Guide Dogs.
- There is strictly no smoking allowed inside the buildings comprising Farbridge or in the Residential Units.
- All 7 rooms and the Bridal Suite are hired out to the Hirer for the Hire period. Rooms must be vacated by 10am the following morning. This accommodation is prepaid by the Hirer and is usually added to the overall Venue Hire charge.
- Farbridge accepts payment by Visa, MasterCard, (+2.5% surcharge for credit cards), Maestro, Visa Delta / Debit Cards, cheques and cash.
- On arrival, all residential guests are required to sign in the Guests Book with their home address and contact details. All room keys are to be returned before vacating the premises. Please note that a charge of £10 will be made if keys are not retuned.
- You may have a maximum total of 4 children between 1 and 12 years old staying with parents in the 7 bedrooms at no extra cost. (The cooked breakfast is not provided for children staying in adults’ rooms but can be arranged on request at an extra cost). Babies can stay free – there is one highchair available in the Breakfast Room but no food is provided for babies. We do not provide any bedding or linen for children or babies.
- The residential unit booking includes breakfast served in the breakfast room from 8.30am until 09.45am for a total of up to 18 adults. If you do not arrive at breakfast until the later part of the service, please ensure that your rooms are completely vacated in order for cleaners to enter at 10am. Luggage can be brought to the Breakfast Room.
This list is not exhaustive and may change at any time without notice. January 2014